History of the Santa Clara County jails. The jail on the far left was located behind the Old Court House at First Street and St. James in San Jose. It opened in 1870 and was the counties third jail which operated until 1958 when the jail in the middle opened. This jail is still in operation today and sits behind the jail on the right which opened in 1988.
JailSanta Clara CountySan JoseCaliforniahistory